Final progress: Render Ghost
Updated: Dec 5, 2019
Inspired by the article discussing about "Render ghost", I want to continue exploring avatar in the context of architectural visualization. The project is to put my self (my avatar) into the architectural rendering space and film with a sequence of alternative worlds with the avatar in it to explore the boundaries in the virtual world.
The film sequence will be mostly done in Unreal engine with the sequencer with animations of the avatar.
1. A wide cinematic shot of the environment (the house and its surroundings).
2. Zooming into the house and slowly panning into the bedroom where the avatar is sleeping on the bed.
3. Transition to close-up shot of my face.
4. Turns dark
5. turns bright again, mimicking blinking my eyes in a first perspective to see the world
6. walking through the space with different post-processing in different areas,chaotic.
7. Use post production in video editing to give more of abstract twisted visuals
8. Turns dark
9. Transition to close-up shot of my face.
I will be using one of an architectural visualization I have been working on and here is a working in processing of what I have done so far:
For how I am going to create alternative visuals for the world/ post-processing :
Racism in the context of films and shows when Asian characters are being cast with white actors like Ghost in the shell, Doctor strange, Atlas Cloud, Once upon a time in Hollywood etc.
Racism in the context of character representation when using white actors to act Asian characters, and tape their eyes to have a "yellow face". In a long tradition of white filmmakers granting themselves permission to “determine what it means to be Asian… while excluding the voices and faces of Asian American actors.”
Racism in the context of forming character in movie’s version of reality